Admission to the PD Program
Interested individuals who meet the criteria below may apply for admission as soon as the call for recruitment is announced:
- Possession of a B.Sc. in computer science or computer engineering with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Possession of an M.Sc. in computer science or computer engineering with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
Proficiency in English is critical to success at the PII PD program. Applicants should demonstrate proficiency by taking one of these exams and earning the required scores:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 80 or better (Berkeley prefers 100)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.5
- Duolingo English Test (DET) with a minimum score of 115
Admissions Criteria and Procedures
The procedure for admissions is as follows:
- Submission of the application form
- Submission of a personal CV
- Submission of a Statement of Purpose that includes the applicant’s pathway in training and education, work experiences and career, significant achievements, future plans, and why there is interest in participating in the PII PD program.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to take an admissions test and participate in an interview.
- PII will make the final decision on accepting or rejecting the applicants.